2017 ANNUAL RESIDENTS' NIGHT
Monday, March 13th, 2017
6:00 - 8:45 PM
Location: Lenox Hill Hospital
Einhorn Auditorium Entrance
131 East 76th Street
New York, NY 10075
Alfred Culliford IV, MD
Staten Island, NY
Alexes Hazen, MD
New York, NY
Robert X. Murphy Jr., MD
2017 Residents' Night Program/Agenda
- Cocktails, Dinner, and Poster Viewing: 6:00 – 6:45 PM
- Poster Presentation Viewing: 6:00 – 6:45 PM
- B-1 Optimizing Reconstruction in Craniosynostosis: A 10-Year Review of 141 Non-Syndromic Patients Treated with a Novel Technique. Herman (Montefiore).
- C-1 A-Gal Stimulated Macrophage Invasion to Accelerate Wound Closure. Kaymakalan (Cornell).
- C-6 Rapid Permanent Margin Control - An Alternative to Mohs Micrographic Surgery. Pool (Cornell).
- C-8 Better Living Through Chemistry: A Novel Breast Implant Surface Coating Significantly Reduces Peri-Prosthetic Capsule Formation. Karinja (Cornell)
- E-9 The Safety of Preoperative Versus Postoperative Enoxaparin Chemoprophylaxis in Autologous Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction. Bassiri-Tehrani (Hofstra).
- G-13 A Prospective Study Using the FACE-Q and Validated Scales to Determine the Effectiveness of PRP for Facial Rejuvenation. Sinno (NYU).
- G-4 Nanoparticle Delivery of Keap1 siRNA Accelerates Diabetic Wound Healing. Borab (NYU).
- H-3 Delay Techniques for Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy, a Retrospective Review of Outcomes in 47 Patients. Halsey (Rutgers).
- K- 1Clinical Value of SPECT for Sentinel Lymph Node Identification in Melanoma. Kim (Yale).
- M-2 Maternal Tobacco Exposure and Risk of Orofacial Clefts in the Child. Bui (Mt. Sinai)
- Oral Presentations – Group 1: 6:45 – 7:15 PM
- A-3 An Evidence-Based Approach to Postoperative Prophylactic Use Following Ventral Hernia Repair: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Baltodano (Albany).
- D-1 Improving Wound Healing in Pressure Ulcer Reconstruction: Our Protocol And The C.O.P. (Cone Of Pressure) Flap. Stark (NYMC)
- G-14 Determining the Oncologic Safety of Autologous Fat Grafting as a Reconstructive Modality: An Institutional Review of Breast Cancer Recurrence Rates and Surgical Outcomes. Cohen (NYU).
- I- 3 Clinical Outcomes Following Simultaneous Ventral Hernia Repair and Panniculectomy in New York State: A 5-Year Retrospective Cohort Study. Shih (Stony Brook).
- Oral Presentations Group 2: 7:15 – 7:45 PM
- B-3 Improved Decision Making in Breast Reconstruction: A Validated Option Grid. Stern (Montefiore).
- C-5 Smoking as an Independent Risk Factor for Postoperative Complications in Plastic Surgical Procedures; A Propensity-Score Matched Analysis of 36,454 Patients from the NSQIP Database from 2005-2014. Toyoda (Cornell).
- E-5 Evaluation of Opportunistic Internal Mammary Lymph Node Sampling During Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction: An Analysis of 548 Consecutive Patients. Karanetz (Hofstra).
- F-1 Delayed Immediate vs. Immediate free autologous breast reconstruction; A comparison of outcomes. Abolmaali (LIPS).
- N-1 Reduction Mammaplasty is Not Associated with a Decrease in BMI for Overweight or Obese Women. Myers (Rochester)
- Oral Presentations Group 3: 7:45 – 8:15 PM
- H-1 Early Experience Using Anastomotic Couplers in Digital Replantation and Revascularization. Viviano (Rutgers).
- J-1 Perceived Facial Aging: The Role of AGEs (Advanced Glycation End Products). Lee (Pittsburgh).
- K-3 Mutational Profile of Benign Vascular Tumors – The Yale Experience. Kim (Yale).
- M-6 Differences between plastic surgery resident self-evaluations and attending assessments on ACGME Milestones. Yao. (Mount Sinai).
- Lifetime Achievement Award Presentation to Ferdinand Ofodile, MD: 8:15– 8:30 PM
- Awards Presentation: 8:30 – 8:45 PM
Thank you to our Diamond Sponsor, Lifecell, for their generous support of the NYRSPS Scientific Programs and Residents' Night.